Dietrich P. Epperson understands that an open criminal case is extremely stressful and disruptive to a person’s life. He works to ensure that his clients are informed and educated about their cases, understand the nature and seriousness of their charges and a possess a solid grasp about the process of the criminal justice system.
Below you can find some informative and free resources to help you conduct your own research into you or your loved one’s criminal case. Conducting your own research is a helpful tool to gain knowledge about your case, but of course is no substitute to meeting with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Here you can look up all public information about an open pending criminal case anywhere in New York State.
Locating Prisoner and Sending Money
- This site helps you locate and send money to an inmate who is being held by the New York City Department of Corrections (Rikers Island)
- This site enables you to locate and send money to an inmate who is being held by New York State Department of Corrections (Upstate)
New York Penal Law
- This resource lets you read through the entire New York Penal Law free of charge, which lists the crimes in New York State.
- This site will help you identify and understand the seriousness of your criminal charges.
New York Criminal Procedure Law
- Here is a free copy of the New York Criminal Procedure Law , which lists the legal requirements of bringing a prosecution, and the step by step process of how a criminal case works its way through court, from arrest to completion of the case.
Courthouse Location and Hours of Operation
- This website lists the locations and hours operation for the criminal courthouses in New York City which handle all arraignments and misdemeanor cases.
- This website lists the locations and hours operation for the Supreme Court, Criminal Term courthouses in New York City which handle all indicted felony cases.